Try something different on a warm sunny day and impress your friends and family with barbecued seabass!
1.6 – 2kg seabass, scaled and gutted
40ml olive oil
1 lemon, cut into wedges
6 sprigs of rosemary
6 bay leaves
8 plum tomatoes skin and seeds removed, cut into a ½ cm dice
1 tsp coriander seeds, toasted and lightly crushed
2 garlic cloves, grated
100ml extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp chervil, finely chopped
1 tbsp flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
8 pitted black olives, finely chopped
½ lemon zest and juice
250g purple sprouting broccoli
2 tbsp olive oil
5 chopped anchovies
1 tsp sea salt
1. Prepare your sea bass by removing the fins with a sharp pair of scissors. Cut the head of as well.
2. Stuff the cavity with a couple of sprigs of rosemary and a couple of bay leaves. Put the same amount of rosemary and bay leaves on the base of your fish basket.
3. Then place the sea bass in and place a few wedges of lemon in the cavity.
4. Next add the same amount of rosemary and bay leaves on the top of the sea bass before closing the fish basket.
5. Next drizzle both sides of the fish with olive oil and season both sides with some Maldon sea salt. Place the fish basket onto the BBQ over a medium heat.
6. Cook on one side for 8-10 minutes and then turn over and cook for another 10a ½ minutes or so. Do not worry if the herbs burn as they will add a slight smoky herb flavour to the fish, the lemons will char and create a lovely flavourful steam for the fish.
7. While your fish is cooking, add the 100ml olive oil into a saucepan and add the coriander seeds.
8. Place the pan on the heat and gently warm through for 5 minutes or so.
9. Add the garlic and give a little stir and then remove the oil from the heat. Once cool add the tomatoes lemon, olives, and herbs.
10. Season the dressing and keep to one side.
11. Once the bass is cooked remove from the BBQ and rest on a tray for a few minutes.
12. While the fish is resting, drizzle the broccoli with olive oil and season with a little salt.
13. Lay the broccoli onto the grill and cook for three or four minutes, turning to cook evenly. Meanwhile chop the anchovies and place into the bottom of a bowl. Add the cooked broccoli and stir well.
14. Remove the sea bass from the fish basket. Discard the charred herbs and lemon and place the fish onto a serving plate.